Install problem (Fedora 20-32bit

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sun Jun 8 20:54:25 UTC 2014

On 06/08/2014 01:35 AM, Roger wrote:
> On 06/08/2014 03:21 PM, Pete Travis wrote:
>>

>> On Jun 7, 2014 9:01 PM, "Doug" <dmcgarrett at optonline.net
>> <mailto:dmcgarrett at optonline.net>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Trying to install Fedora 20 32-bit version on a multiboot system
>> (Windows 8.1 + PCLOS 32 + PCLOS 64) into a standard partition.
>> > Got up past setting passwords for root and user. Then it crashed
>> with the following message:
>> >
>> > ***********************************
>> >
>> > The following error occurred whil installing. This is a fatal error
>> and installation will be aborted.
>> >
>> > error population transaction: failure:
>> Packages/s/systemd-python-208-9.fe20.:686.rpm from anaconda:
>> > [Errno 256] No more mirrors to try.
>> >
>> > *************************************
>> > Machine is desktop 64-bit Intel processor with 8GB ram, connected
>> to Internet, Nvidia graphics. Uses BIOS, not UEFI.
>> > I want to install Fedora in order to run Linux version of
>> DraftSight cad program, which has a Fedora rpm available and
>> > which does not run on PCLOS, for unknown reasons.
>> >
>> > Suggestions, please.
>> >
>> > Thanx--doug
>> > --
>>
>> Hey Doug,
>>
>> Any particular reason you aren't using  64 bit Fedora?  If it's
>> because of a 32bit app, the chance of it working on x86_64 is *very
>> high* and so worth trying.
>>
>> --Pete
>>
>> May I suggest the 64 bit - the graphics are much faster. 32 bit is
>> glunky for 2/3D and animation.
> Roger

Well, the reason was that I had the disk. So I listened to the sage
advice from the list here, and started to download the file. I have the
usual cable connection, and I thought
I'd have the file in 20 minutes or so. The estimate was 4½ hours! I said
to go ahead, and then after about 2½ hours I accidentally aborted it.
I'll try again late tonite.
I'm downloadeing from fedoraproject.org.
--doug