SSH question

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Jun 12 23:04:39 UTC 2014

On 06/13/14 06:31, Ed Greshko wrote:
> If you see "No route to host" on an ssh connection it would indicate the port is closed.

I should have used the term "filtered".  Meaning "a" firewall rule is in place.  It could be a firewall on the receiving machine....or it could be a firewall between the two machines.

"closed" should be used to describe a port with no firewall blockage.....but with no process running on the port.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis