The new skype-4.3.0.37 is out. Build your own rpm for Fedora 20

jarmo oh1mrr at nic.fi
Fri Jun 20 13:21:15 UTC 2014

Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:28:13 +0300
Cristian Sava <csava at central.ucv.ro> kirjoitti:

> Hi all,
>
> For those of you wanting skype.rpm for F20:
> 1) Install the rpm building environment as shown here:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_an_RPM_package#SPEC_example

How do you do this without pulseaudio? To me, pulseaudio is crap...
I have two souncards, one for skype and another for listening something
else, is needed..
ALSA is enough, so how we make skype working without pulsecrap?

Tried this 4.3 for fedora 15 from skype site, it starts ok, but needs
pulsecrap.

Somebody convince me, where and why I need pulse?

Jarmo