Cntrl-Alt-F[2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12] do not work

Laing, Robin Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Jun 23 15:16:37 UTC 2014

On 2014-06-22 13:20, JD wrote:
> Using Mate on FC20, with latest updates.
> Cntrl-Alt-F keys never worked from the very first login into Mate Desktop.
>
> These are the installed mate packages. Am I missing something?
>
> It my be worthwhile to note that at the login screen, Cntrl-Alt-F keys DO
> WORK!!
> After login, into mate desktop, they stop working.

Is there something that is happening to the keyboard mapping?  My
keyboards require a function key to be set to use the Function keys.  Is
this being reset when Mate starts?

showkey can be used to see if they are working.

On my keyboard, if the F lock button is not pushed, then the keys send
anything.

xkeycaps as well.

--
Robin Laing