Fedora 20 on Dell Precision M3850

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 04:30:35 UTC 2014

On Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 10:24 PM, Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> wrote:

> On 06/24/14 12:16, Ranjan Maitra wrote:
> > I tried exactly the above but I got a message which says that I can
> > only shrink it to some 226 GB (or something like that). The HD is 500
> > GB. So where did the rest go? All on Windows? Containing what? I did
> > not fill anything.
>
> When you bring up the disk management you'd see a line for each volume.
>  You have a single volume defined on the 500GB drive?  What says....
>  Capacity=  Free Space=  and %Free
>

> --
> Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.
> You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis
> -

​Myself, I have tried the windows built-in partition resizer.
It has limited functionality because there are certain files or dirs
that are for some reason I do not quite understand yet, are not
relocatable to other sectors (blocks :) ).
Interesting that an app like PartitionMagic can do it, but
windows native partition manager cannot :)
​