Burning Blu-Ray media on fedora20

Frantisek Hanzlik franta at hanzlici.cz
Tue Jun 24 23:17:04 UTC 2014

Alex wrote:
> Hi, Does anyone know what happened to the Shilling cdrecord? I've tried
> to download it from several locations, and the domain appears to no
> longer exist.
>
> How are people burning BD-R media these days?
>
> These links no longer exists:
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/
> http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html

It seems as Jörg Schilling's cdrecord is (after closing BerliOS
hosting service, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlios ) now
hosted on SourceForge ( http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdrtools/ )
and cdrecord sources can be downloaded also there
( http://sourceforge.net/projects/cdrtools/files/alpha/ ) or as part
of a larger software package 'Schily Tools' also at SF
( http://sourceforge.net/projects/schilytools/ ).
Original historic cdrecord web site http://cdrecord.org/ still exist,
but is outdated.

I personally use cdrecord and compile the RPM packages, for F19 i386
I have them at http://www.hanzlici.cz/packages/fedora/cdrtools/fc19/
(I do not use Fedora 20 yet). But You perhaps can download and
rebuild SRPMS cdrecord package (or download source from SF and use
only my SPEC file to build RPM, etc)

Franta Hanzlik