Fedora 20 K3B broken

Paul Erickson va7nt at telus.net
Wed Jun 25 04:07:37 UTC 2014

On 24/06/14 07:43 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 06/25/14 10:35, Paul Erickson wrote:
>> I don't know exactly when this happened, but today when I tried to use K3B, I get the following error:
>>
>> [paul at paul Desktop]$ k3b
>> k3b: error while loading shared libraries: libproj.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>

>> A search for libproj.so.0: reveals that it is on the system.
>>
>> [paul at paul Desktop]$ whereis libproj.so.0
>> libproj.so: /usr/lib/libproj.so.0
>> [paul at paul Desktop]$
>>
>> Any ideas how I can fix this? I have tried reinstalling K3B and the problem persists.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
> First of all, libproj.so.0 is provided by proj not k3b.  You may both the 64 and 32 bit versions installed on your system.  I would check that you have it/them installed and that the symbolic link to libproj.so.0.7.0 exits.
Ed,

Thanks for the reply. If I am reading this correctly:

[paul at paul Desktop]$ ls -al /usr/lib/libproj*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     16 Jun 24 20:20 /usr/lib/libproj.so.0 ->
libproj.so.0.7.0
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 305696 Aug  4  2013 /usr/lib/libproj.so.0.7.0

Then it looks like libproj.so.0 is installed and the symbolic link to
libproj.so.0.7.0 exists

 From this:

[paul at paul Desktop]$ sudo yum list | grep libproj
libprojectM.x86_64 2.0.1-20.fc20                 @fedora
libprojectM-devel.x86_64 2.0.1-20.fc20                 @fedora
libprojectM-qt.x86_64 2.0.1-8.fc20                  @fedora
libprojectM-qt-devel.x86_64 2.0.1-8.fc20                  @fedora
libprojectM.i686 2.0.1-20.fc20                 fedora
libprojectM-devel.i686 2.0.1-20.fc20                 fedora
libprojectM-qt.i686 2.0.1-8.fc20                  fedora
libprojectM-qt-devel.i686 2.0.1-8.fc20                  fedora

It looks like both 64 and 32 bit versions are installed.

I am afraid I don't know how to remove the 32 bit version. All my
attempts to use
yum remove or yum erase have been  unsuccessful. Any assistance you
could provide
would be appreciated.

cheers, Paul - VA7NT - email: va7nt at telus.net

"Those who hear not the music, think the dancers mad."

"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." - Thomas Mann

"That state which separates its warriors from its scholars will have its thinking done by cowards and fighting done by fools"
- Thucydides - The Pelopenisia

"The Malice of the wicked is reinforced by the weakness of the virtuous."
- Churchill