Printer Driver for sending a job to Kinkos

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 03:01:52 UTC 2014

On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 7:32 PM, Doug <dmcgarrett at optonline.net> wrote:

> On 06/28/2014 08:46 PM, JD wrote:
>
>  On Sat, Jun 28, 2014 at 4:12 PM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>

>> On 06/27/14 14:08, JD wrote:
>>
>>> Kinkos has a printer driver for windows which
>>> allows one to select to print to a Kinkos nearby
>>> location.
>>>
>>> I was wondering if there is a Linux/Unix "kinkos" driver
>>> to add to Cups so that when one is on the road, one can
>>> print to nearest Kinkos location.
>>>
>>> I know I can email the file, or even the web link
>>> to the kinkos email address. But that requires that
>>> I know the email address of the kinkos location.
>>>

>>  would a kinkos store not be a better place to ask?
>>
>> being that fedex uses linux, i would imagine what you
>> need is available.
>>

> ​I did indeed ask.
>  They had absolutely no clue what I was asking for.
>  So, they referred me to their own tech support.
>  Their tech support had no idea if they ever had
> such a driver.
>
>  So much for tech support :) :)
>>

>  This may be a silly question, but how do you know that there really is
> such a printer driver? Do you have a copy of it installed? Where does it
> print to?

​A few months ago, I actually found a link to a windows driver
hosted on a fedex url.
It did  install without issues - but it never worked, and the
Fedex tech support had no idea how to "make" it work.
The description claimed it worked.
I hope to find that driver and post it to a public
upload site, and post the link to it.
​