How to get my app visible in gnome-software[SOLVED]

jeandet alexis alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Sun Jun 29 09:49:34 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-29 at 10:33 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 28 June 2014 23:14, jeandet alexis <alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> > Thanks for the documentation, I've added the .appdata.xml file. I'm
> > still not able to see my app in gnome-software
>
> GNOME software in 3.10 and 3.12 uses the AppStream metadata that is
> generated from the fedora repos. You need to get your application into
> Fedora before it will be visible in the software center. GNOME
> Software has no way of searching all the random repos on the Internet,
> and can only load the metadata that has been prepared ahead of time.
>
> If you're using GNOME 3.14, gnome-software will consider your local
> AppData file and show the correct data, but obviously this will not
> work until the application is installed manually.
>
> Richard.
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your answer, it was quite weird to me, looking the data
provided by copr repo, that it would work. In my understanding the only
way for gnome-software to get appdata information would be to get the
rpm which wouldn't be optimized.
So from your answer it's clear, is there any plan for copr to generate
this data in the futur? If I setup my own repository, would I be able to
generate this data? My software is quite far from being releasable on
fedora repos that's why I'm asking.

Best regards,
--
Alexis Jeandet,