Trouble starting webex in F20

Chris Kottaridis chriskot at quietwind.net
Thu May 1 17:24:52 UTC 2014

I have an F19 and an F20 host and when I try to start a webex on the F20
host it doesn't work right. It works fine on the F19 machine.

The symptom is that when I start the webex in F20 it sends up a message
about wanting to run an applet and I tell it yes it's OK to run the
applet. That doesn't come up on the F19 host. On the F19 the icedtea
icon pops up for a short time and then I get connected. I don't see the
icedtea icon pop up in F20.

I did notice that icedtea is at 1.5 in F20, but at 1.4 for F19 and there
is some policy control added in 1.5. I set the policy to allow all
applets to do everything for the time being in the
.config/icedtea-web/security/java.policy file which the icedtea-web man
page says is the default policy file.

Any ideas on what the difference might be between F19 and F20 would be
appreciated or pointer to a different group that could help.

Sorry that I only have rather high level usage info, but so far other
then this issue with starting a webex everything seems OK that I have
tried so far.

Thanks
Chris Kottaridis