perl

Patrick Dupre pdupre at gmx.com
Fri May 2 13:32:25 UTC 2014

YEs,

Thank you.

I found the issue.

There were 2 perl-PDL installed for a while.
I cleaned every things right.

> On 30 April 2014 19:01, Patrick Dupre <pdupre at gmx.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I do not understand,
> >
> > I have 2 machines fedora 20 x86_64.
> > On one my application run fine, on the other one I get an error:
> > Perl API version v5.16.0 of PDL::Core does not match v5.18.0 at /usr/lib64/perl5/DynaLoader.pm line 213.
> > Compilation failed in require at (eval 42) line 6.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 42) line 6.
> > BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/pdupre/Spectroscopy/Stepram/Input_windows.pm line 12.
> >

> > At line 12 there is
> > use PDL ;
> >
> > Both perl-PDL are the same.
> >
> > How can I debug?
>
> The error says that one of your machines has a version of PDL
> installed that was built against the wrong version of Perl. You have
> Perl 5.18 installed, but the PDL library was build for Perl 5.16. PDL
> is an "XS-based" library. That means that a lot of it is made up of C
> code. Perl doesn't guarantee binary compatibility between major
> versions so XS-based libraries need to be rebuilt for a new version.
>
> The question then becomes, how did your system get into that state. I
> can suggest two possibilities.
>
> 1/ Your system was upgraded from a previous version of Fedora which
> was running Perl 5.16 and for some reason the upgrade didn't pull in
> the new version of the RPM. You say that both systems have the same
> perl-PDL installed, but how similar are they? They might be the same
> version number but built for different Perl versions (or, rather,
> different versions of Fedora). What do you get if you run 'rpm -q
> perl-PDL' on each of the systems?
>
> If this is the problem, then you can probably fix it by running "yum
> reinstall perl-PDL".
>
> 2/ Your system was upgraded from previous version of Fedora which was
> running Perl 5.16 and that older installation had a version of PDL
> which was installed through cpan, not rpm/yum. It's possible that the
> cpan-installed version is in an different directory to the
> yum-installed version and that the cpan-installed version's directory
> appears earlier on the @INC path. This would mean the Perl completely
> ignores the yum-installed version. Try running these three command and
> report back what you get.
>
> perl -MPDL -le'print $INC{"PDL.pm"}'
> rpm -ql perl-PDL | grep PDL.pm
> perl -le'print $_ for @INC'
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Dave...
>
> --
> Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
> http://dave.org.uk/
> @davorg
> --

 Patrick DUPRÉ                                 | | email: pdupre at gmx.com
 Laboratoire de Physico-Chimie de l'Atmosphère | |
 Université du Littoral-Côte d'Opale           | |
 Tel.  (33)-(0)3 28 23 76 12                   | | Fax: 03 28 65 82 44
 189A, avenue Maurice Schumann                 | | 59140 Dunkerque, France