simple scan 3.10.2, mustek 1200 CU scanner, and the lights are off but somebody's home

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 3 10:24:49 UTC 2014

Does anybody have a scanner that identifies as a Mustek 1200 CU (several
scanners are this, under the hood), they they can try with the simple
scan program?

On my Fedora 20 computer, running the Mate desktop, the scanner light
goes out shortly after it does the little test dance, and it scans the
rest of the page with no lamp on.  Yet, if I plug the scanner into a
very old Fedora release, or CentOS, it works normally.

It shouldn't scan unlit, there's no option for it, and it's not a
scanner meant for scanning transparencies.

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.13.10-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Apr 14 21:00:56 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.