Disabling users after a period of time

Renich Bon Ciric renich at woralelandia.com
Sat May 3 22:14:14 UTC 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:49 PM, Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> There are a lot of possibilities, but here is one way. Use that flag
> suggested, and also run a nightly cron job which looks at the "account
> experiation date" field in /etc/shadow (it's the next-to-last one -- see
> `man 5 shadow`). This is in days since Jan 1, 1970. Compare that to the
> _current_ days since that time `echo $(($(date  +%s) / 86400))` and if the
> number is higher, drop in the webserver configuration which redirects to the
> expired notice.

Excelent advice! Thanks a lot!

I will come up with something and post it to see if it is of interest
to anyone that minds FHS.

--
It's hard to be free... but I love to struggle. Love isn't asked for;
it's just given. Respect isn't asked for; it's earned!

http://www.woralelandia.com/
http://www.introbella.com/