A new Thinkpad X240 touchpad issue

Pal, Laszlo (private) vlad at vlad.hu
Mon May 5 08:03:55 UTC 2014

On my thinkpad this is a very useful script sometimes...
touchpad/trackpoint in thinkpads under linux are not so good, however
there is always a workaround :))

Palmdetect is working for you?

L:

#!/bin/bash
case "$1" in
	usb|ext|off)
		xinput set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" "Device Enabled" 0
		xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Device Enabled" 0
		echo "Both builtin pointer device is Off!"
	;;
	touchpad)
		xinput set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" "Device Enabled" 0
		xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Device Enabled" 1
		synclient TapButton1=1
#		synclient TapButton2=1
#		synclient TapButton3=1
		synclient ClickPad=0
		VertTwoFingerScroll=0
		HorizTwoFingerScroll=0
		HorizEdgeScroll=1
		VertEdgeScroll=1
#		RightbuttonAreaRight=10
#		EmulateMidButtonTime=75
#		RTCornerButton=0
#		RBCornerButton=0
#		LTCornerButton=0
#		LBCornerButton=0
		PalmDetect=1
		echo "Touchpad is On!"
	;;
	trackpoint)
		xinput set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" "Device Enabled" 1
		xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Device Enabled" 0
		echo "TrackPoint is On!"
	;;
	both|on)
                xinput set-prop "TPPS/2 IBM TrackPoint" "Device
Enabled" 1
                xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Device
Enabled" 1
		synclient TapButton1=1
#		synclient TapButton2=1
#		synclient TapButton3=1
		synclient ClickPad=0
		VertTwoFingerScroll=0
		HorizTwoFingerScroll=0
		HorizEdgeScroll=1
		VertEdgeScroll=1
#		RightbuttonAreaRight=10
#		EmulateMidButtonTime=75
#		RTCornerButton=0
#		RBCornerButton=0
#		LTCornerButton=0
#		LBCornerButton=0
                echo "Both device is On!"
	;;
	*)
	echo "Usage: {usb|ext|off -> turn off builtin} | touchpad | trackpoint
| {both|on -> turn on builtin}"
esac