Which fedora?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:05:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, 08 May 2014 13:29:08 +0200
Patrick Dupre wrote:

> On a machine with only 1 Go of RAM, which version of fedora would you
> recommand?

I run a vast number of virtual machines for testing and they all
have 1 gig of ram defined. I haven't had any problems installing
any versions of fedora, opensuse, and ubuntu on them.

They are kinda slow if you use the GUI login, but how much of that
is the virtual video interface and how much the lack of ram I
don't know. Most of the testing we do is with the GUI login disabled
(i.e. runlevel 3 or whatever the equivalent happens to be in the
brave new world of systemd :-).