Tips on burning to Bluray (BD-R) media under Fedora 20

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri May 9 06:00:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-05-08 at 14:37 -0500, Steven Ulrick wrote:
> I eventually found out that I messed up when I bought this drive...
> It can't burn Bluray discs.

The same kind of thing happened when DVDs came out - there were a few
CD-burner/DVD-reader combo drives.

I suppose they're catering to the people who don't want to burn the
latest media, just watch videos, and/or don't have machines with enough
oomph for burning video discs.  And back then, it was some time before
you could get blank DVDs, so the CD-burner/DVD-reader combo made sense.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp
Linux 3.14.2-200.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Mon Apr 28 15:01:48 UTC 2014 i686

public lists.