grub2

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Sat May 10 00:11:45 UTC 2014

Hi,
     My experience with kernel installs in a grub 2 environment is that
I have to always manually run grub2-mkconfig and grub2-install as the
kernel install wants to run Gruby to update the grub configuration and
on my system, from Fedora 17 onwards, Gruby always fails with
authorisation issues even though all O/S updates are run under sudo with
full admin access. So my question would be, are you grub issues as a
result of the kernel install running Gruby rather than grub2-mkconfig?

regards,
Steve