stopping cinnamon-started apps at logout

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Sun May 11 23:55:09 UTC 2014

On 05/12/14 07:39, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> writes:
>> I found this for gnome/gdm.   Maybe it will be useful for you if you use gdm?
>>
>> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-desktop-74/gnome-run-script-on-logout-724453/
> I may have to do that.  Thanks.

Welcome.  Sorry to take the round-about path to a solution.

> Strikes me as an oversight that one has to hack a file together and
> install that with root privs.  Whatever is starting the apps really
> should kill it too.

I don't use "getmail" but maybe it is thought that this would be a good program to keep running in the background so that the next time you login all your email is already downloaded to your local store?

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis