Acrobat fonts compared to Evince fonts

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed May 14 01:23:27 UTC 2014

I am displaying IEEE 802 standard pdfs.  In Acrobat that I get for
Fedora from Adobe's repo, the font used is basically unreadable,
particularly when I display it on the monitor in the meeting room.

But switching to Evince document viewer, the fonts are 'normal' and
readable by myself and everyone in the room.

This is not 'new' in Fedora 20; the group has been complaining to me
about this at least back in F17.

I cannot find where Acrobat selects its fonts or what font Evince is
using.  I have another session tomorrow and I would really like to get
this fixed up.  Please help figure out the font selection.

Thanks from IEEE 802 Wireless Interim meeting.