stopping cinnamon-started apps at logout

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Thu May 15 03:27:31 UTC 2014

On 5-12-14 11:21:51 Ahmad Samir wrote:
> On 11/05/14 18:52, Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> > I'd assumed that the apps started by cinnamon when I logged in
> > would also be killed when I logged out.  That doesn't seem to be
> > the case for non-X11 programs that hang around forever and watch
> > files.
>
> I am not sure but it could be systemd-logind; try editing
> /etc/systemd/logind.conf and change:
>
> #KillUserProcesses=no
>
> to KillUserProcesses=yes
>
> then reboot the system or restart systemd-logind.service.
>
> (Check the logind.conf manual page for more details).

Although this may very well be the solution that Wolfgang is looking
for, I suspect that there will be a more fine-grained option evolving
sometime in the future.  The problem is, how do you kill the programs
you want killed off upon logout without killing something like
screen(1)?

--
Garry T. Williams