Thunderbird--find messages

Doug dmcgarrett at optonline.net
Sat May 17 04:52:27 UTC 2014

I didn't know what list to send this to, but since there has been some
discussion about Mozilla products here, I'll try this one.

I get a large number of messages every day, in addition to those I
filter out and don't see.  Unfortunately, some of these
messages seem to come in out of time sync, for one reason or another.  I
don't send everything on the incoming list to
trash as soon as I read it. Some of the letters I keep for later
reference. Some are tagged, some not.
The resulting message list may have two or three, or tonight, 20, unread
messages mixed in with the read and temporarily
saved messages, so that the Inbox reads "Inbox (20)" even tho you are at
the bottom of the list. Now you have to go and find
these 20 emails, which are scattered among perhaps 100 or more messages
in the list which have been read already.
It would be nice if there were a button somewhere that would go to the
highlighted messages, one at a time, starting at the
top and working its way down, until they have all been opened and/or
deleted.

Maybe someone from Mozilla (or Pale Moon, which is said to be working on
a Thunderbird clone) will see this here.

sorry if it's far off topic--doug