Thunderbird slows down if a lot of recipients (about 86) are located in the to-header entry of a received email

Joachim Backes joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de
Sat May 17 07:41:34 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm running thunderbird-24.5.0-2.fc20.x86_64 and seeing the following
effect: sometimes I'm receiving emails with a lot of recepients (about
86) in the TO-header-entry of this email. If I set *view->headers->all*,
thunderbird needs a  lot of time (about 3-4 secs) to open and display
such an email.

Same effect if running with disabled extensions (-safe-mode).

I get rid of this effect if switching back to *view->headers->normal*.
Then such en email is opened immediately.

Anybody sees this too?

Kind regards

Joachim Backes
--