Serviio Media Server: Songs play for only about one minute

Steven Ulrick meow8282 at gmail.com
Sun May 18 03:37:51 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 10:16 PM, Steven Ulrick <meow8282 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, Everyone
> I realize that this almost certainly an issue with Serviio.  But I
> thought that maybe some of you have had similar issues using DLNA
> servers on Fedora 20, so here goes...
>
> I have just done a completely fresh install of Serviio 1.4.1.2 on
> Fedora Linux 20. I am having an issue where MP3's that I have recently
> ripped/encoded only show a length of about one minute, and sure
> enough, that is as long as it plays! For example, let's say the length
> of a song is 8 minutes. When I play the song using Serviio 1.4.1.2,
> the length of the song is shown as 1 minute. So, I play the song, and
> exactly one minute into the song, it stops and goes to the next song.

OK, this is wierd...  The reason that I did a fresh install is because
I was having this same issue when I attempted to upgrade.  With
upgrading, of course, Serviio does not need to rescan your entire
collection.  So, I had the same issue with the old install, as well as
this fresh one.  So, I just checked a few of the "offending" songs
and, for example, Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water is
now 4:35 instead of only about one minute!  So, why this corrected
itself AFTER Serviio finished re-scanning my collection, I have no
idea.   But all seems well right now.  Sorry for the noise.