So has anyone gotten their sound to work since it broke a few days ago?

Rick Stevens ricks at alldigital.com
Mon May 19 17:35:57 UTC 2014

On 05/19/2014 10:07 AM, Erik P. Olsen issued this missive:
> On 19/05/14 18:04, Someone wrote:
>> How would I go about finding my model of motherboard?

Try running "dmidecode | more" as root. The first few screens should
show what motherboard you're running. Some examples:

Handle 0x0200, DMI type 2, 8 bytes
Base Board Information
	Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
	Product Name: 0TP412
	Version:
	Serial Number: ..CN708217C420Y3.

Handle 0x0002, DMI type 2, 15 bytes
Base Board Information
	Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
	Product Name: 785GTM-E45 (MS-7549)
	Version: 1.0
	Serial Number: To be filled by O.E.M.
	Asset Tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
	Features:
		Board is a hosting board
		Board is replaceable
	Location In Chassis: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
	Chassis Handle: 0x0003
	Type: Motherboard
	Contained Object Handles: 0