Brother HL-5250DN duplex printing: loves me, loves me not, ...

Fred Smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue May 20 12:48:13 UTC 2014

On Mon, May 19, 2014 at 09:57:20PM -0700, Michael Hannon wrote:
> Greetings.  I've got a brother HL-5250DN printer on my local network, and it
> is *currently* not doing duplex printing under Fedora 20.

One more data point, though its usefulness to the OP is suspect:

If your printer has been set up the old-fashioned manual way,
I suppose it might be helpful to try the installer tool to see
if anything improves. This appears to be the download page from Brother
for the "driver install tool" for a 5250:
http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadend.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl5250dn_all&os=127&dlid=dlf006893_000&flang=4&type3=625

                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.