Off topic: web hosting sites

Tim Evans tkevans at tkevans.com
Fri May 23 19:07:10 UTC 2014

On 05/23/2014 02:33 PM, Les Howell wrote:

> 	I have a relative who has a somewhat successful regional business
> currently located in Arizona, who wants to get a website set up for his
> product(s). He investigated GoDaddy, but didn't seem happy with their
> terms and conditions.  I'm not entrepreneurial enough to even know where
> to start or what to look for.  Any advice or recommendations would be
> helpful.

Fairly happy with hostmonster.com, although I find their tech support a
bit lazy in not carefully reading my tickets--they seem to grab the
first FAQ they find that's even remotely related to my issues, and it's
often not the right one.

They do provide command-line (shell) access via ssh, which is important
to me.

--
Tim Evans			|   5 Chestnut Court
UNIX System Admin Consulting	|   Owings Mills, MD 21117
tkevans at tkevans.com