input devices

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Sat May 24 16:18:58 UTC 2014

Hi,

what would be the device for a Kensington Slimblade which is connected
to a PS/2 port with an USB-->PS/2 adapter?  The device doesn`t seem to
appear anywhere when connected like that.

And what are virtual keyboards for, and why do I supposedly have two
power buttons?

,----
| ~ $ xinput --list
| ⎡ Virtual core pointer                    	id=2	[master pointer  (3)]
| ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer              	id=4	[slave  pointer  (2)]
| ⎜   ↳ Kensington Kensington Slimblade Trackball	id=8	[slave  pointer  (2)]
| ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                   	id=3	[master keyboard (2)]
|     ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard             	id=5	[slave  keyboard (3)]
|     ↳ Power Button                            	id=6	[slave  keyboard (3)]
|     ↳ Power Button                            	id=7	[slave  keyboard (3)]
|     ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard            	id=9	[slave  keyboard (3)]
| ~ $
`----

There is only one power button, and it is not at the keyboard.

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)