[OT] Chrome Notice (Warning)

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Mon May 26 07:12:01 UTC 2014

On 05/26/14 15:00, Sudhir Khanger wrote:
> There is nothing glorifying in ~/.local/share/applications. You may like dead links in your application menu. I don't. I like the concept of purging everything a package installed. Any time you reinstall you will have deal with conflicts.

So, for example, you are on a system shared with other users and the admin decides to erase firefox you want the erasure of firefox to remove all *your* firefox related data?  Remembering that it is possible that users install and run their own copies of firefox within the users environment.

Would you want the erasure of digikam to remove all photos in a users area?

Think about it.....

Removing a *system* application should not (dare I say must not) fiddle with user's files.

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong. -- Dandemis