Installing with F20 installer report (and failure)

Sudhir Khanger sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com
Thu May 29 00:15:53 UTC 2014

On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 08:24:09 PM lee wrote:
> This is a bit long:
>

> installation on a laptop:
>
> boot live system and select install to disk
>
> The screen brightness is adjustable by only two steps and the screen is
> way too bright at almost maximum.
>
> The built-in dedicated graphics card is not used but not switched off,
> either.  The resulting power drain would make it impossible to complete
> the installation on battery power.

Because the dual graphic card support came in later Kernels than the one
shipped with Fedora 20.

> Language selection is confusing because you have to discover the
> Continue button, which is located out of sight far off at the right edge
> of the screen.

> Why is the Done button so inconveniently placed at the left top of the
> screen?  Why not out of sight like the Continue button, or better, under
> the "Add a disk" button ...

> I don`t like this installer ...

I concur. I certainly don't like the work flow of Anaconda where you have
continue button on top-left corner. It breaks the intuitive linear flow that
you would expect from an installer. It feels like going one step forward and
two step backwards. I certainly don't prefer an ugly GTK+ installer to install
Fedora KDE. But you get to hate it only once or twice a year.

--
Sudhir Khanger
http://sudhirkhanger.com/