Installing with F20 installer report (and failure)

lee lee at yun.yagibdah.de
Thu May 29 12:19:55 UTC 2014

Sudhir Khanger <sudhir at sudhirkhanger.com> writes:

> On Wednesday, May 28, 2014 08:24:09 PM lee wrote:

>> The built-in dedicated graphics card is not used but not switched off,
>> either.  The resulting power drain would make it impossible to complete
>> the installation on battery power.
>>

> Because the dual graphic card support came in later Kernels than the one
> shipped with Fedora 20.

Hm, are such cards going to be supported soon?  So far, I haven`t been
able to use it at all because when I switch, there is no output to the
screen anymore.

>> Language selection is confusing because you have to discover the
>> Continue button, which is located out of sight far off at the right edge
>> of the screen.

>> Why is the Done button so inconveniently placed at the left top of the
>> screen?  Why not out of sight like the Continue button, or better, under
>> the "Add a disk" button ...

>> I don`t like this installer ...
>
> I concur. I certainly don't like the work flow of Anaconda where you have
> continue button on top-left corner. It breaks the intuitive linear flow that
> you would expect from an installer. It feels like going one step forward and
> two step backwards. I certainly don't prefer an ugly GTK+ installer to install
> Fedora KDE.

After all, I think it`s little things that might be improved over time.
And the installer really has become much better already.

More importantly, the system doesn`t boot.  Any ideas how to install
Fedora with the setup I described so that it boots, or how to get it to
boot?

--
Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)