A Linux for the totally maintenance free

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 1 05:50:18 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-10-31 at 12:52 -0400, Tom H wrote:
> The “learning curve” is an exaggerated meme based on my SMALL sample.
> I’ve migrated my parents from Windows to Gnome 2 to Unity and my
> neighbor from Windows to Unity without them having a problem finding
> their bearings.

I've always thought that the learning curve for Windows was far worse
than Linux.  You don't have forums like this one, when I used it.  Sure,
there are ones, but there was a lot more of the blind leading the blind,
some of the most bizarre registry issues to deal with, expensive
magazines that were far more about advertising things to waste your
money on than they helped you...

--
tim at localhost ~]$ uname -rsvp

Linux 3.16.6-203.fc20.i686 #1 SMP Sat Oct 25 13:08:51 UTC 2014 i686

All mail to my mailbox is automatically deleted, there is no point trying
to privately email me, I will only read messages posted to the public lists.