User friendly proxy configuration

Alexis Jeandet alexis.jeandet at member.fsf.org
Fri Nov 14 10:01:14 UTC 2014

Hi,

I try to convince my colleagues to switch to Fedora as much as I can,
they all like it! But in my lab we connect through a web proxy and I
have to say that changing the config on both gnome and yum/dnf is quite
boring. Also new linux users are sometime afraid when I tell them "you
just need to edit the /etc/something.conf".
So my question is: Is there any way to have a centralised proxy config
with a simple GUI? Does some of you have some tricks?
I tried to look at some solution running a local light proxy on the
machine but it doesn't forward all the protocols. It also seems that DNF
and YUM doesn't accept pac files.

Best regards,
Alexis.