OT: NFS and iOS -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 19 16:09:51 UTC 2014

On 11/19/14 10:35, poma wrote:
> Did you consider ClearOS Community - reminiscent of "CentOS" with nice WebUI;)
> http://www.clearfoundation.com/Software/overview.html
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux_derivatives
>
> ClearOS Live Demo
> http://www.clearfoundation.com/Software/live-demo.html

My situation does not lend itself to so-called "cloud" servers. We are
in a rural area where high speed options are limited to radio.

My Viasat usage as of about 04:00 this morning:

  "Welcome, Bob Goodwin

      CURRENT DATA USAGE

10.6GB

42% used of 25GB allowance

19 days remaining in the current billing period"

The Mac users all utilize some Apple cloud storage which wreaks havoc
with my usage. I configure the router to keep them off the iCloud except
during the "free" of charge early morning hours. They can eat up 25 gigs
in a few hours, from there my cost for more bandwidth doubles!

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE