OT: NFS and iOS -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 19 17:16:37 UTC 2014

On 11/19/14 11:52, poma wrote:
> ClearOS can be deployed on e.g. Amazon EC2, sure
> http://www.clearcenter.com/support/documentation/clearos_install_guide/amazon_ec2
> but this is only one possible purpose.
>
> You might prefer to compare it with FreeNAS, only ClearOS is Linux in the heart, not BSD.

Well I'm sure that's worth considering but I've had good results with
NFS for several years, it always seems to work no matter what I do.

BSD was not the problem with Freenas, it worked fine until I thought I
would change a directory name with the Thunar file manager, things quite
working, I changed the name back, no help! I had offended it somehow. It
seems everything done to configuration has to be done with the GUI
provided and that has it's peculiarities. I'm sure the developers can
manipulate things from the command line but I couldn't.

--
http://www.qrz.com/db/W2BOD
box10  Fedora-20/64bit Linux/XFCE