Fedora 20 does not boot

Ed Greshko ed.greshko at greshko.com
Thu Nov 20 12:48:43 UTC 2014

On 11/20/14 19:56, Angelo Moreschini wrote:
> .... I continue to get only the prompt to the command line
> and cannot change access type using <control><alt> <F1>

Couple of things....

1.  You didn't mention what package you were trying to update.  What is it?

2.  Sounds like you are getting a text mode login prompt and are able to login.  This would seem to indicate that the graphics login is failing to initialize.  What is the output of "grep EE /var/log/Xorg.0.log"