Dovecot

Mike Chambers mikec302 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 01:48:20 UTC 2014

Hi all,

Just recently I reinstalled my server box, and having to set it up to
receive email again.  I got sendmail working OK I think, and have dovecot
setup for imap and pop.  But dovecot won't recognize my login info, so it's
not recognizing my default logins, which I just use a normal /etc/passwd
for users and passwords, nothing special.  I also have ssl turned off since
it's all local.

So what am I missing in my /etc/dovecot/conf.d dir to configure?

BTW, it is Fedora 21 that I am using, but it shouldn't matter as dovecot
should be same on 20 as well, I would think/hope.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY