XFCE on F21 desktop

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Nov 23 17:48:42 UTC 2014

On Sun, 23 Nov 2014 11:33:29 +0100
Heinz Diehl <htd+ml at fritha.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> up to F20, I used the respective 4 GB full DVD image to install
> Fedora, which also contained the XFCE desktop. Now, with F21, there's
> a desktop and a server edition, and it seems the full DVD is missing.

Right. There is no mish mash dvd anymore.

> Does the desktop edition also contain the XFCE desktop, or do I have
> to use any XFCE spin now to get XFCE? And where are all the
> development packages and libs, are they still on both editions?

Workstation does not have the Xfce packages on the media.
You can of course install Workstation, then 'yum groupinstall
xfce-desktop'.

You can also use the Xfce spin images, which haven't gone anywhere.

You could also get the network installer and choose Xfce when you
install.

development packages and libs aren't on any images that I know of, but
you can install them with yum or dnf or the like after install.

kevin