XFCE on F21 desktop

Heinz Diehl htd+ml at fritha.org
Sun Nov 23 19:58:12 UTC 2014

On 23.11.2014, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> Workstation does not have the Xfce packages on the media.

Thanks, Kevin. That was what I wanted to know.

> You can of course install Workstation, then 'yum groupinstall
> xfce-desktop'.

Hmm, so I have to install without a desktop environment first, to add
XFCE after installing F21? Installing GNOME just to finally swap it
for XFCE sounds weird.

> You can also use the Xfce spin images, which haven't gone anywhere.

Ok.

> You could also get the network installer and choose Xfce when you
> install.

This is not an option for me, my internet is not fast enough. In fact,
I can be happy to have at least reasonably useable internet at all
where I live. Thus, the "big Fedora DVD" was quite perfect in my case.