process tbl

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Nov 29 23:17:14 UTC 2014

On 28Nov2014 17:24, bruce <badouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
>thanks !  I discovered that the ps -ppid "parentID" would return the
>list of child pids which works, but thanks..!

You should bear in mind that that will probably be a GNU "ps" specific option.
On Fedora you're fine; on other UNIX platforms that may not be available.

I'm quite fond of "ps axf"; it is easy to type and informative, and shows the
parent-child stuff visually in the listing, very nice. It (the "f" option) is
also GNU ps specific.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at zip.com.au>