Impossible to add a remote printer

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 17:50:51 UTC 2015

poma ha scrito il 01/02/2015 alle 18:37:
> On 01.02.2015 17:23, antonio wrote:
>> antonio ha scrito il 01/02/2015 alle 12:08:
>>> I was able to print from any remote computer in F20, now when I try to
>>> print I get socket not connected.I deleted and re-installed remote
>>> printer but when I try to print a test page it says that printer is not
>>> connected.
>>> Network printing is a nightmare for me, sorry to say...
>>
>> it seems that the soultion is to check ipp and ipp-client in Firewall
>> zones, not so obvious when you have done a standard installation of
>> Fedora-Workstation (or in my case un upgrade of F20 where everything was
>> fine). I still think that Firewalld settings should be adjusted by
>> system when a printer is shared (as they were in F20 in my home zone in F20)
>>

> The last time I set up a printer, a mechanism to adjust the firewall was working
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/system-config-printer.git/tree/serversettings.py#n564

correct, it was working in F20, but only if you were installing a new
printer, if you had already set a printer (as in my case) from F19, you
had to adjust by hand the Firewalld settings
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F21 (Twenty one)