Adding a file share service to Thunderbird

jd1008 jd1008 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 1 22:04:48 UTC 2015

On 02/01/2015 02:57 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
> On 01/31/2015 10:12 PM, jd1008 wrote:
>> Often I want to attach a file that is larger than what google will allow,
>> a limit I configured in TB. And TB will prompt me to use a file share
>> service.
>>
>> The problem is I do not want to use the 2 file share services that TB is
>> showing,
>> and none of the add-on have my preferred file share server.
>>
>> Has anyone somehow overcome this "apparent" limitation of TB, and
>> configured
>> TB to use a file share service other than what TB and the plugins (add-ons)
>> provide?
>>
> It would help if you told us what your preferred file share service is.

I subscribe to a few free ones.
But just for an example, try sendspace.com, among
others.
I see no way to make TB use sendspace and prompt me
for my user id and passwd on the chosen provider,
and upload the file I just tried to attach to a message,
and if too large, TB prompts the
user to use a share service.