libreoffice 4.4

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Feb 2 06:22:44 UTC 2015

On Sun, Feb 1, 2015 at 10:31 PM, Steven Stern
<subscribed-lists at sterndata.com> wrote:
> Anyone know the status of libreoffice 4.4?  I installed it on my Mac but
> I don't see it in updates or updates-testing.

It's only in rawhide at the moment, since December. So it's not
completely MIA, it's being worked on.
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=11024

It's easier to do this on OS X because the application is a single
file that contains all resources including bundled libraries. And this
is only permitted on Fedora (as it is on most other platforms) only if
there's no other way. So I'm guessing right now there are enough
library changes that it needs to be proven in Rawhide well enough
before it's in Fedora 21 u-t.

This is just one reason why there's a lot of work going on with
containers, and Docker, so that deploying applications is easier for
everyone. Longer term more integration happens once kdbus lands, so
there's a way for containerized applications to do things like
copy-paste between them, and more sophisticated data sharing and
messaging.

--
Chris Murphy