Ip route issues

Jarmo Hurri jarmo.hurri at iki.fi
Tue Feb 3 09:56:53 UTC 2015

Ed Greshko <ed.greshko at greshko.com> writes:

> echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_redirects
>
> and make sure you get
>
> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/all/accept_source_route
> 0

That didn't help, because for some (weird?) reason after setting
accept_redirects=0 for all, my system still had accept_redirects=1 for
em1. However, setting accept_redirects=0 for em1 seems to have helped,
at least in a short test. So thanks a bunch!

Can you explain what is happening here? I am assuming that Windows has
this configured suitably in the first place, and that is why I am seeing
the issue in Linux only.

Jarmo