DHCP Reservations

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:20:10 UTC 2015

On both a dd-wrt and a recent asus router I have successfully got the
older bonding module to bring up wireless and wired in a
active/passive mode (wired is active if there).      Both interfaces
would have the same IP and mac address and I can unplug the wired and
immediately have it switch over to wireless with no obvious drops.
I can also switch back to a wired connection with no drops (usually
done in the middle of a big data transfer to speed it up).     This is
outside of network manager, and was a major pain to get it working
consistently after a reboot, but I believe it now works consistently
on reboots.    I believe the bonding module does force arps when it
switches interfaces.