shutdown doesn't shut down

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Wed Feb 4 14:38:11 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 03:23:57PM +0100, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> One of these is a new Fedora installation on a pretty new machine.
> The other one had exhibited the "shutdown -r"-behavior for a longer
> period when it was equipped with fc20, until the issue somehow
> "automagically" went away. Now (presumably since some recent
> update), it's back again.

I just confirmed that it works with my F21 laptop. I can try other
machines later. Just out of curiousity, does the 'poweroff' command do
the right thing? (I doubt it's any different....)

What's your hardware? Possibly this is relevant:
http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/3561.html

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>