Picasa install error fed21

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:59:36 UTC 2015

On Sat, 07 Feb 2015 08:02:33 -0500, Paul Cartwright wrote:

> > Oooh, but I wouldn't feel confident sweeping something like that under
> > the carpet.  Those are system directories that it has no business
> > interfering with.  I'd be far more inclined to do the opposite, have it
> > install what it can, and omit what fails.
> too late, already done, and picasa is working.. hopefully so is
> everything else:)

Still you might want to check the permissions/ownership of those
directories and compare them with the "filesystem" package. A directory
conflict at install-time is because of permissions/ownership being
different. => It could be anything like making a directory world-writable!

  rpm -V filesystem
  rpm --setperms filesystem
  rpm -V filesystem