Touchpad second button not working in new Fedora 21 install.

Ananda Samaddar ananda.samaddar at zoho.com
Tue Feb 10 10:05:35 UTC 2015

On Tue, 10 Feb 2015 14:19:48 +1030
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-02-09 at 21:34 +0000, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> > I've just installed Fedora 21 from the live desktop image to my
> > laptop; an Acer Aspire E15.  I did a DNF update immediately after
> > installing.
> >
> > For some reason I cannot use the second touchpad button to right
> > click at all.
>
> I'll ask the obvious:  Have you logged in and out, or rebooted, since
> doing the update?
>
> Reboots, generally, are not necessary after updates (unless you want
> to use a newly installed kernel), but log out and back in again may be
> needed (depends on what was updated).
>
> And then there's the converse, if you rebooted and found something
> didn't work, do another reboot and this time choose to boot up using
> the previous kernel, and see if things behave any different.

I managed to get it working.  The problem is that the Device ID shows
it as unrecognized.  When I followed the Fedora Wiki instructions it
worked.  It's one of those new clickpads where the entire pad is a
button.  I'll need to file a bug but don't which package it should be
against.  I'll possibly start a new thread for that.

Ananda