Adobe not providing linux flash updates

Stephen Morris samorris at netspace.net.au
Tue Feb 10 20:19:24 UTC 2015

On 02/11/2015 02:34 AM, Ahmad Samir wrote:
> On 10 February 2015 at 10:44, Stephen Morris <samorris at netspace.net.au> wrote:
>> I've just booted linux after getting home from work, started firefox and
>> checked the plugins and firefox is now showing the right version, seems that
>> I had to reboot linux for the rpm installation and the symlinks to take
>> effect. On reflection maybe the ldconfig cache was causing issues as this
>> would have been refreshed with the reboot.
>>

> What refreshes the ldconfig cache at boot? (I don't think there's
> anything that changes that at boot, but I could be wrong).
Maybe I'm misunderstanding things but I thought that ldconfig was run
every boot, otherwise updated versions of modules placed in those
directories would never be used because they were in the cash, unless of
coarse there is a post install script in every package that installed
modules into directories that could be in the case to actually run
ldconfig?