Passwords stored by Firefox

Eddie G. O'Connor Jr. eoconnor25 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 14:18:14 UTC 2015

On 02/15/2015 08:47 AM, Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Still, I believe keepass is better. your opinion please?
>
> Krishna Prajapati
>
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
> <pocallaghan at gmail.com <mailto:pocallaghan at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, 2015-02-15 at 22:07 +1030, Tim wrote:
>     > On Sun, 2015-02-15 at 01:04 -0600, g wrote:
>     > > an interesting page on "needles";
>     > >
>     > > https://www.grc.com/haystack.htm
>     >
>     > "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" gave interesting numbers,
>     but all
>     > you need was three obscure, unrelated, words (e.g.
>     bluepigsskiing) to
>     > come up with some ridiculously difficult to crack passphrases
>     (such as
>     > by dictionary attacks).  They don't even have to be hard to type.
>     >
>     > I just don't buy into this malarkey that they must contain numbers,
>     > symbols, and other awkward to type characters.  Brute force cracking
>     > is going to be done by a machine, not a human, and they can easily
>     > throw them into the mix.
>
>     +1
>
>     Also, use words from more than one language.
>
>     Better is to use a password manager (Lastpass, Keepass,
>     PasswordSafe ...) to avoid the temptation of choosing easy
>     passwords and
>     the difficulty of having to remember many different ones. Use one hard
>     to guess password to access the rest.
>
>     poc
>
>     --

I have discovered a method of creating passwords that has helped me
greatly throughout the years. I learned it from this girl who was always
teased in school for being "weird" LoL!  (Thank you Sharon......wherever
you are!) So imagine you want to use the word "gasoline" as a
password.......the simple trick is to "push" each letter over by one!
That's it!....so instead of using the "g" from gasoline you'd use the
next letter in line..(the "h")....and for the "a"...you'd use the
"b"....and so on until you've replaced each letter. (For those who have
the mental prowess and can manage it, there's also using the letter
PREVIOUS to the one you have or the process of "skipping" letters as
well...) but I've found that this method provides you with a password
that appears to be gibberish to anyone else, but makes perfect sense to
you!...

EGO II