PyPDF2 and stapler (RPM build error for stapler)

Ranjan Maitra maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com
Sun Feb 15 15:59:39 UTC 2015

> >> Your rpm.spec's %files section is incomplete.
> >
> > Thanks, Ralf! What would complete it?
>
> Adding the missing files to the spec's file section?
>
> E.g. your spec seems to be missing
>
> %files
> %{_bindir}/stapler
>
> and something similar to
> %{python2_sitelib}/*
>
> But answering this in detail would require to see your spec.
>
> My advice would be to look into other, similar specs (e.g. a python
> package with some executable in /usr/bin/) in Fedora.

Thanks! I tried to mimic batti, but not much help.

However, your suggestions really helped me and I was able to modify the spec file (was missing the python2-sitelib part) and can make a rpm. Here is the spec file:

$ fpaste pdfstapler.spec
Uploading (2.4KiB)...
http://ur1.ca/jqgcf -> http://paste.fedoraproject.org/185742/15606142

Not completely sure if this is correct. So it would be great if someone could verify to its correctness.

But I still had some other questions.

Specifically, how do I get the version number in the name of the rpm. Right now, it is stapler-master simply because the master is used in the source file?

Also, the binary is called stapler. However, there is already a stapler binary (as part of a totally different package for URL applications). Is there a way to name this automagically? (The package and the binary that I am packaging are called stapler - I guess I was thinking of renaming them to pdfstapler to avold confusion.)

Many thanks again and best wishes,
Ranjan